When you purchase a point of sale system (POS system) for your business, you want to choose a system that gives you the greatest return on investment (ROI). And one of the best ways to maximize return is to choose a POS system with features designed for your specific type of business. If you operate a tobacco store or sell tobacco products at your grocery or convenience store, choosing a tobacco point of sale system will not only allow you to total sales and manage payment transactions, it can also save you time, decrease labor costs, and improve your bottom line.
Transmit data directly from POS to tobacco manufacturers
A tobacco store POS system with rebate management features is an excellent example of how a point of sale system designed for your business can help you increase your profitability. Tobacco product manufacturers offer rebates in exchange for POS data, which they use to understand their customers in St. Louis, Manchester, or other parts of Missouri — or of the country.
Without a tobacco POS system equipped to manage manufacturers’ rebates, you would have to spend your time pulling tobacco-related sales data from your POS system, formatting it, and transmitting it to the manufacturer. Although you could benefit from rebates totaling hundreds or thousands of dollars depending on your sales volume, you may not have the resources to manage the process manually. A tobacco point of sale system, however, can submit data for rebates automatically.
The data your tobacco POS system collects can also benefit your business. It can provide you with insights into purchasing behaviors and product preferences. Then, you can use that intel to tailor experiences to match exactly what your customers want — which can go a long way toward increasing customer engagement, loyalty, and revenue.
Tobacco store POS doesn’t only differ from other POS systems by offering rebate management features. It also allows you to streamline inventory management. This function is vital to any retailer, but tobacco store customers are loyal to their brands and types, whether regular, smooth, light, or menthol. That brand loyalty makes it important to have the right products and quantities in stock so you don’t disappoint and frustrate customers, who may decide to shop at a competitor that always has their brand in stock. On the other hand, you also need to be careful not to over order, which can tie up cash flow in slow-moving products.
Tobacco store inventory management is also complicated by the fact that customers can buy by the pack or the case – or even a single cigar. A tobacco POS system’s inventory management features will help you efficiently keep track of quantities and even alert you when it’s time to reorder.
Streamline overall operations
Tobacco point of sale systems will also have features that save time, allow you and your staff to make the most productive use of their time, and deliver fast, efficient customer service. Your POS system should provide you with:
- Intuitive screens that are easy for employees to use and for new employees to learn
- Customer-friendly way to award and redeem loyalty rewards
- Easy manufacturer coupon acceptance
- Integrated payments
- Integration with your accounting program to save time and reduce errors
A Perfect Match
When you’re looking for ways to operate more efficiently and profitably, upgrading your POS system to one designed specifically for tobacco stores can be the answer.
You can learn more by contacting PlazSales. Stores in the St. Louis area — and beyond — that sell tobacco products are successfully using our software to operate more efficiently and profitably. Contact us for a demo.
To help pizzeria owners, pizza point of sale (pizza pos) is more than just a cash register or adding machine — it’s a hub where you can manage your entire business.
Pizza shops have long managed their business in the traditional, manual manner. Much like pizza itself, why stray too far from what has worked? This may mean using pen and paper to order ingredients, taking down orders over the phone. You may be using a non-integrated payment system to swipe credit cards. But that means workflows that take extra time through a shift and at the end of the day. Modern customers want the convenience of online ordering and payment. And like customers always have, they still expect prompt service and their food served warm and tasty as ever.
With Pizza POS, you can streamline your operations to reduce waste. It’s a win for everyone: The more efficiency you can build into your business, the more successful you will be at keeping your customers and employees happier.
Pizza POS Features
Point of sale systems for pizzerias are unique among those for other restaurants and businesses because pizzerias are a different kind of operation. Pizzas are almost endlessly customizable in a way that other restaurants are not expected to deal with. How big of a pie does a customer want? Which certain toppings only go on which certain halves? It’s easy for a mix-up or misunderstanding to occur when relaying these orders verbally and recording them manually. Better to have a system that is designed and optimized for these specific kinds of orders.
Pizza POS systems need to give your business these capabilities:
- Modify options for size and toppings on pizzas. When the menu changes, the system can easily adapt as well.
- Inventory management that lets you know exactly what you have, how much you use, so you never run out of ingredients while reducing food waste.
- Online ordering to suit busy customers’ schedules and for added convenience.
- Delivery management to provide your delivery drivers with directions and constant traffic updates to get them where they need to be on time. You can also let your customers know when their delivery is dispatched so they aren’t left guessing.
- Loyalty program features to keep your customers coming back by rewarding them for doing so. The right pizza POS system will allow you to digitally manage your customer accounts and rewards with ease.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) that allows you to optimize your sales and marketing campaigns, forecast future sales, and automate simple digital features to leave your staff more time for complex tasks.
- Integrated payments — no longer take that extra time at the end of the day to do your payment reports.
- Offline mode for business continuity, even if your network connection is interrupted
- Reporting that provides you with visibility into what your customers are ordering, their preferred methods of payment, the times the rush comes in, and track labor hours and employee performance.
Just What You Ordered
In this day and age, pizzerias face steep competition and small profit margins. To keep operating while making a profit, you need the ability to operate efficiently and build a base of loyal customers. When it comes to optimizing your business, in all specifics unique to pizzerias, pizza POS can help.
To learn more about point of sale systems that help pizzerias run efficiently and profitably, contact PlazSales.
For more tips, information, and insights, subscribe to our blog. It only takes a few seconds to subscribe by entering your email address.