Operating a successful retail business is a balancing act. Building customer loyalty is vital, so it’s essential to do whatever you can to provide shoppers with the experiences they want. But it’s just as important to operate your business efficiently and stay profitable. A retail point of sale system (POS system) will give you the features and functionality you need to do both.
Retail Point of Sale is the Answer for Better Customer Experiences
With so many shopping choices on a variety of different channels, customer loyalty is more difficult to earn and keep than ever before. Your retail POS system is equipped with features that allow you to provide the types of shopping experiences that your customers want:
- The Right Merchandise, In Stock
The best shopping experiences end with your customer heading back home with precisely the right items that they wanted to buy. That won’t happen if you don’t have the right merchandise in stock. Retail POS systems have inventory management features that help you make sure that in-demand items are always available in the right sizes, styles, colors, or models. Top retail point of sale systems will allow you to track unlimited SKUs so you can manage a large inventory with multiple variations.
- Shopping Rewards
Loyalty rewards influence many consumers’ decisions about where to shop. Your retail POS system will make it easier to reward your VIP customers, allowing them to earn discounts or free items. Your POS system lets you keep accurate records and easily apply rewards points to purchases.
- Fast, Efficient Service
Today’s consumers put a high value on their time. A study by payments platform provider Adyen found that about half of consumers consider anything longer than a five-minute wait is too long. The study also found that long lines are costing retailers $37.7 billion in sales each year. Keep lines moving quickly with a retail point of sale system that allows sales associates and cashiers to quickly ring up purchases and complete payment transactions.
Retail Point of Sale Lets You Operate More Profitably
In addition to allowing you to provide loyalty-building customer experiences, your POS system will also help you operate cost-effectively.
- Labor management
Labor is one of a retail businesses’ largest expenses, and it’s important to control labor costs, especially in areas of the country where minimum wage is increasing. POS reporting can help you optimize schedules, so you have enough staff on hand for busy shifts but aren’t paying employees to stand idly by during slower times. Your retail POS system may also have time clock functionality, allowing staff to clock in and clock out on POS terminals, saving you time managing employees.
- Integrated payments
Retail point of sale systems with integrated payments can automatically share data with your accounting program to save you time and reduce errors that can occur when you rekey information.
Technology Designed for Your Success
The retail industry is in an era of rapid change, and business owners are facing many challenges. It takes the right balance of providing the types of customer experiences shoppers want while operating efficiently so you can maintain a healthy bottom line. Give your business the advantage of retail point of sale, a comprehensive solution that addresses all of your business needs.
Contact PlazSales to learn more.
To help pizzeria owners, pizza point of sale (pizza pos) is more than just a cash register or adding machine — it’s a hub where you can manage your entire business.
Pizza shops have long managed their business in the traditional, manual manner. Much like pizza itself, why stray too far from what has worked? This may mean using pen and paper to order ingredients, taking down orders over the phone. You may be using a non-integrated payment system to swipe credit cards. But that means workflows that take extra time through a shift and at the end of the day. Modern customers want the convenience of online ordering and payment. And like customers always have, they still expect prompt service and their food served warm and tasty as ever.
With Pizza POS, you can streamline your operations to reduce waste. It’s a win for everyone: The more efficiency you can build into your business, the more successful you will be at keeping your customers and employees happier.
Pizza POS Features
Point of sale systems for pizzerias are unique among those for other restaurants and businesses because pizzerias are a different kind of operation. Pizzas are almost endlessly customizable in a way that other restaurants are not expected to deal with. How big of a pie does a customer want? Which certain toppings only go on which certain halves? It’s easy for a mix-up or misunderstanding to occur when relaying these orders verbally and recording them manually. Better to have a system that is designed and optimized for these specific kinds of orders.
Pizza POS systems need to give your business these capabilities:
- Modify options for size and toppings on pizzas. When the menu changes, the system can easily adapt as well.
- Inventory management that lets you know exactly what you have, how much you use, so you never run out of ingredients while reducing food waste.
- Online ordering to suit busy customers’ schedules and for added convenience.
- Delivery management to provide your delivery drivers with directions and constant traffic updates to get them where they need to be on time. You can also let your customers know when their delivery is dispatched so they aren’t left guessing.
- Loyalty program features to keep your customers coming back by rewarding them for doing so. The right pizza POS system will allow you to digitally manage your customer accounts and rewards with ease.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) that allows you to optimize your sales and marketing campaigns, forecast future sales, and automate simple digital features to leave your staff more time for complex tasks.
- Integrated payments — no longer take that extra time at the end of the day to do your payment reports.
- Offline mode for business continuity, even if your network connection is interrupted
- Reporting that provides you with visibility into what your customers are ordering, their preferred methods of payment, the times the rush comes in, and track labor hours and employee performance.
Just What You Ordered
In this day and age, pizzerias face steep competition and small profit margins. To keep operating while making a profit, you need the ability to operate efficiently and build a base of loyal customers. When it comes to optimizing your business, in all specifics unique to pizzerias, pizza POS can help.
To learn more about point of sale systems that help pizzerias run efficiently and profitably, contact PlazSales.